Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

Monday, November 7, 2011

Product Review: Red Gold Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies

I have decided to do some product reviews of items that I have bought on sale and/or with coupons that we might not have tried before.

First item up is: Red Gold Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies (similar to Rotel). I bought these at United for 25 cents a can a few weeks ago. I used a couple of cans with a block of Velveeta cheese to make nacho dip recently. This turned out so much better than using salsa (which is what I normally use). The dip was spicy but not so spicy I couldn't eat it (I'm a wimp when it comes to spicy food). I also used a can this past weekend in some homemade cheese sauce I made and it also turned out really well.

Bottom line, I was impressed with the Red Gold Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies product. I will definitely buy it again! (Note, it is on sale for 50 cents a can starting Wednesday, November 9th at Jumbo's in Enid).

6 comments:

  1. I have been wondering how these taste. Thanks for doing this review and they are cheaper than rotel. Thanks Tracy, you have been such a big help to me in my quest to buy groceries with coupons and on sale!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really nice to hear, Brenda. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?? Those were the "things" in the cheese? Yummmy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Yes, those were the "things" in the cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following me. I am following back. And I agree--I usually use salsa with Velveeta, but some days I just want Rotel or a rotel-like product. I'll have to see if my store has these.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete