Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Product Review: Progresso Creamy Mushroom Soup

Generally, I buy the condensed mushroom soups for cooking, but recently I bought some of the Progresso Creamy Mushroom soup on sale with a coupon. A large can of it was around $1 with the coupon.

I've used it to make roast twice now. It's not condensed, so I just pour it in the bottom of the slow cooker. Instead of having diced mushrooms, it has whole mushroom slices in it which Tom loves. It has a really good flavor and makes our roast taste really scrumptious.

We haven't tried it on it's own, so I can't really say how it is alone. But for cooking and recipes, I'd highly recommend the Progresso Creamy Mushroom soup.

3 comments:

  1. I have tried it alone and it is fabulous. I have also poured it over pork chops and slow cooked them in it...very yummy. I will have to try it with a roast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! The pork chops sound good! Are they just plain pork chops?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep. I use plain porkchops and I do nothing to them at all. I think the thicker ones work better, but i have used the thin cut also. I just dump the soup on and smear it around...I either cook in the crock pot or i cover with foil and bake. they come out fabulous

    ReplyDelete