Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Where else can I find coupons?

I have been amazed at the places that you can find coupons.

On products you already buy. I've got coupons from the packages of razors, pizza boxes, cereal boxes, laundry detergent, granola bars, and more. Clip these and save them to match up with a sale. The great thing about these is they often do not expire for quite a while.

Contact the manufacturer. Have a product you love? Contact the manufacturer and give them positive feedback! I've got coupons for toilet paper and Bar S franks by doing this (really need to do it some more!). Most products have websites and/or 1-800 numbers where you can call them. Have a problem with a product? Call or e-mail and let them know, they will often send you coupons. I recently contacted the manufacturer of a toilet paper I had bought with a problem and they are sending me coupons. I will let you know how much when I get them.

At the stores themselves: Often, there will be boxes with coupons on store shelves that you can grab. You don't have to use them right then. If they don't expire for a while, hold onto them and watch for a sale! Some stores also have monthly coupon flyers available or they sell coupon books through organizations as fund-raisers. I know a friend who bought a Jumbo's one for $5 with coupons inside the booklet as well as a $5 off $50 purchase coupon on the back of the booklet.

Peelies are the coupons that are stuck on the products at the store. They will often save you some money on the product right then (read them carefully because sometimes they are for the purchase of another product or have to go along with the purchase of another product). What I didn't know before was, you don't have to use them right then. You can hold onto them and use them later if you have another coupon you'd rather use then! NOW, this doesn't mean to go into the store and peel all of them coupons off and take them home. THAT is annoying! I was recently in Walgreen's buying Excedrin and you could tell that someone had been there and peeled all of the coupons off of almost every bottle of Excedrin! (same thing goes for the boxes of coupons, take a few, but leave some for the rest of us!)

Store flyers: Often store flyers will have coupons in them. These can be either store coupons or manufacturer coupons. If they are store coupons, you can match a manufacturer coupon with it to save even more.

5 comments:

  1. I have been finding lots more coupons since I have been reading your posts and have been matching them with the store coupons!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great advice. You can also go to websites such as www.redplum.com or www.freebieshark.com (my two favorites) and print coupons from there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I do print some off sometimes, but only if I'm sure I'll use them (I don't want to waste my ink and paper. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I only print when I have my flyer in hand or if I know of a deal, lol

    ReplyDelete