Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Reader's Menu Planning Ideas

In case you don't read the comment section, I wanted to share a couple of reader's menu planning strategies:

Mandy says: We do a menu. I print out recipes that are new, plus other stuff I always make. I make a grocery shopping list based on what I have or what I need. I go to the base once a month and get the stuff I need because it is cheaper out there. I keep the menu on the side of the fridge. We do not choose based on date, but just pick off the menu so we can have what we want. Sometimes I let Hailee choose what she wants off the list. John loves when I do this because I am not as tempted to eat out. I have recently started making double of some meals and freezing an extra casserole as well.

From Facebook, a child care provider friend says: I'm working on making a menu right now that has my daycare meals on the breakfast and lunch category and then dinners. I write in the activites everyone has for the evening and then I'm trying to fill in meals that I can do with what time I have left. This was my first week to use it and WOW has it made a difference! I LOVE not having to figure it out on the day, the meat is thawed, the groceries are bought a few weeks ahead of time mostly and it's all there and ready to go! I LOVE IT! If I can keep filling it in ahead before I get groceries it will be a revolutionary plan for us! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment