Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

Monday, October 31, 2011

Watching your $'s at the store

One of the things that consumers need to be extra careful about at the grocery store is watching as your items ring up or check your receipt before you leave. A large percentage of people get overcharged for items because they are not paying attention. One study found that stores are overcharging Americans as much as $1 Billion dollars a year, possibly all the way up to $2.5 billion dollars!!!!!

This just happened to me at Save-a-Lot on Saturday:
I had picked up 4 packages of the three pack bell peppers that were on sale for $1 each. The cashier scanned the first one, it rang in at $1.59. I said "aren't these the ones that are on sale for $1?" (thinking possibly I grabbed the wrong thing). The cashier responded that it was the single bell peppers that were on sale for $1 each. I calmly pointed to my sale ad (which I had with me) and showed that it said 3 pack. The cashier called over a manager who agreed that the 3 packs were the ones on sale for $1 each.

That got my cynical mind thinking: How many customers either a) came in there and paid the $1.59 and never noticed? Or b) they did notice but took the cashier's word when she said it was the single peppers that were $1 each?

So...word to the wise! Watch the register as you're checking out or at the very least, check your receipts before you leave the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment