Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Extreme Couponing: NOT

I  want to put out there right now that while I do watch Extreme Couponing , I do not advocate the practices shown on the show. Personally, I think those people are a little wacko! Who needs 40 something bottles of mustard or 260 packages of Tic-Tacs? Seriously?

If you are couponing, please make sure you have a plan to use your stockpile. If you find yourself getting too much of something, then donate it. There are food pantries and other agencies who always need donations. I was surprised recently to find out my small town even has a food pantry to help those in need! Ask around and you may be surprised at what you find. The important thing is, if you are finding a way to save lots of money, use that blessing to help bless others!

5 comments:

  1. More good ideas!!!and yes we do need to bless others!! Thanks for reminding me of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you! I bought 4 packages of tic tacs :) I did stock up on cereal, but it was 8 boxes and my family will go through that for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments, Brenda! Mandy, 8 boxes of cereal isn't bad at all. And I know what you mean, cereal goes like crazy around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. I was blown away by a woman on that show that bought something like 300 bottles of hot sauce..really!? That is just wasteful, though I wonder if they partially do it just for the drama of the show. I was also taken aback by a recent episode that had a young man that couponed and had a stockpile of feminine products because "they were free and thats all that matters" so now he has them in his garage as a trophy? Donate those to a women's shelter.
    Just because it is cheap or free doesn't mean you need to have it. If you can't resist, I agree, Tracy...donate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, yeah, I know, right? Crazy! Tom and I were wondering about the kid and the feminine products. Perhaps his mom or sisters use them? What I really wondered about was the baby formula? Did he have someone to use that?

    ReplyDelete