Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Getting Started with Coupons, Part 1

Do you want to get started using coupons but feel overwhelmed by the whole process? Or feel like you cannot afford to stock up on items? My suggestion is to pick just a few things to start with and go from there. Pick some of the items that you use alot and have to buy consistently when you shop to start looking for ways to save. For example, I generally had to buy laundry detergent every two weeks at Wal-Mart. I usually bought Gain powder, which ranged from about $5.50 to $6.50 every two weeks. When I first started couponing again last spring, I found $1 off Gain coupons and found Gain on sale at Walgreen's for $4.99. I was able to stock up on enough Gain at $3.99 a bottle to last me the summer, freeing up money in my budget to stock up on other things. In August, there were $2 off Gain powder coupons available and I stocked up on Gain again for $2.99 & $3.00 a box! Currently, I have more $2 off Gain powder coupons that expire the end of October. I'm watching for a good sale!

1 comment: