Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

Friday, November 11, 2011

Product Review: Planters Peanut Butter

We aren't generally name brand snobs when it comes to most foods. But when it comes to peanut butter, we pretty much have to go name brand. We had been using the Great Value (Wal-Mart) Peanut Butter and the Peter Pan (when I found it on sale) until the whole salmonella thing a few years ago with them. I haven't bought either since then. Just can't bring myself to do it! So since then, regardless of price, I've pretty much stuck to Jif. A few months ago, we were out of peanut butter and I was at the grocery store in Medford. They had a new peanut butter out by Planters. Since it was new, it was on sale. So I thought, well, it's Planters, it's got to be good, right? So I bought it and it got the Tom stamp of approval! He liked it as well, if not better than the Jif! Since then, I've got several great deals on the Planters peanut butter. I got it on sale for 99 cents a jar at United, and even got one jar for 49 cents with a store coupon. We've tried both the creamy and crunchy and they're both really good.

If your family likes peanut butter, I highly recommend giving the Planter's peanut butter a try!

3 comments:

  1. I got this with coupons awhile back too and we love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We only use Simply Jif. It is low in sodium, 33% less sugar and only 2 grams of sugar in 2 tablespoons. Danny eats a lot of Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with Smuckers Sugar Free grape Concord jam or sometimes Sugar Free Strawberry preserves. He also like peanut butter and Ritz crackers for a snack, especially if he feels like his blood sugar is low. After getting used to the low sugar peanut butter, the regular is way too sweet for me!

    ReplyDelete