Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Favorite Grocery Store

I know that I may have mentioned this before, but Aldi is my favorite grocery store for just basic grocery shopping. Since I started couponing, I buy less there than I used to (since they don't take manufacturer coupons), but I still go there every two weeks. Why? For example, their prices on bread can't be beat. A loaf of whole wheat bread is a little over $1. Almost everything I've bought there has been good quality. As I've posted before, I've found excellent deals on meat there and the meat has always been good quality. Just earlier this week, I posted about getting spiral sliced hams for 1/2 price. Their produce prices are really good too and they run wonderful sales on their produce.

Aldi is different than a regular grocery store. You will need to take a quarter to get a cart, then you get the quarter back when you put the cart back. This keeps carts from cluttering up their lot and having to pay someone to go round them all up. Take your own bags or plan to buy some at the store, last I looked the paper bags were about 6 cents each and their plastic bags were around 10 cents. You will be bagging and carrying out your own groceries, but the savings are well worth it! Another way they are different is that they mostly carry their own store brand of things, although sometimes they'll have special buys on name brands. They have a good line of low calorie healthy foods and they seem to be adding more all the time. If you haven't tried it out yet, check it out. The one in Enid is on W. Garriott  by Lowe's and not far from Wal-Mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment