Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Meatloaf in the Crockpot

A few years ago, I got a wild hair one day and decided to try cooking meatloaf in the crockpot. Well now I'm hooked on doing it that way! It turns out so tender and just melts in your mouth. Not to mention that you don't have to heat up your oven on a hot day! (Not that that's a problem right now lol). 

Spray the crockpot with cooking spray first! Then just make your favorite meatloaf recipe and pat it down in there. An hour or two before you want to serve it, put ketchup on top and let it finish cooking. 

I don't follow a certain recipe, meatloaf is one of those things that I tend to just throw together. But since we are trying to eat healthier and I was trying to figure calories, I actually figured up what I put in this time:

1 pound ground beef
1 package onion soup mix 
1 egg
1/4 cup bread crumbs
3-4 tablespoons ketchup (this ketchup ix mixed into the meatloaf)
dab of milk

Ketchup for the top

Mix together until it will hold a shape, then pat it down into the crockpot. I started mine around 11:00 a.m. on high for about 30 minutes, then turned to low and it was done well in time for supper. 







No comments:

Post a Comment