Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

Friday, February 17, 2012

Book review: Dig out of Debt

I finished reading Digging out of Debt, sent to me by the Living on a Dime website.

As with everything I've read from these ladies, I highly recommend this book! It has ideas and articles for everything from saving money on holidays to information on working from home to cleaning and organizing ideas! If you like to read, you can see if your local library has the book or order it from their web store.

One of the things I really liked about this book is that it got me to thinking about all the "little" ways we waste money that can really add up. An obvious ways is eating out, a not so obvious way might be the diet sodas that we buy. It doesn't seem like much, but it can really add up. Especially if you add in the Sonic drinks that we have a tendency to love so much!

The section on holidays is super. It has specific ideas for Valentine's, Easter, Christmas, and Halloween. I think the best thing is that as you read each section, your mind will start thinking of ways to do things for almost any holiday. And I think it is more about the memories that you create with your children than the amount of money you spend. The Halloween that I remember best is the year that we didn't have any money for costumes so the kids had to find ways to use what we already had. I think their costumes that year were their best (wish I could find a picture of them).

As Tom and I continue our struggle and our journey, it's encouraging and inspiring to read ideas from real people who have been there and have come out on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment