Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Treasure Hunting

Tom and I went to Stillwater and met up with a friend of mine, her husband, and their daughter on Saturday. We did some treasure hunting (aka dumpster diving, LOL) at the dorms. You would not BELIEVE the stuff those kids throw away. My goodness!!! Some of the stuff we found:

2 office chairs (we took one, they took one)
Towels (brand new-didn't look like they'd ever been used!)
bath mat (also didn't look used)
comforter
clothes (and not ratty clothes-pretty nice looking clothes just tossed in the dumpster)
They took most of that stuff to wash up and donate to a shelter where they live.
Trash cans! Who the heck throws away trash cans with nothing wrong with them?????
A broom and a mop (didn't look like they'd been used either)
All kinds of plastic containers, carts, etc.
Two vacuum cleaners! One of them didn't work, but the other one did.

There was lots more stuff, but we both ran out of room in our cars. So, judge me if you want, but I had a great time. LOL. What's better than cheap? FREE!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Omg that is crazy! I would have never have even thought to check there. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it is crazy. I got the idea from reading The Complete Tightwad Gazette years ago, but had never actually got the nerve to do it until my friend invited me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! and actually sounds like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Di, I can't wait to go again. I really wanted to go to Norman this Saturday and see what I could find after they let out this week, but decided to stay home and garage sale in town instead. LOL. And Tasha nixed the idea of helping me. HA!!!! Brenda, it is really fun, you should go with me sometime!

    ReplyDelete