Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Saving money on eating out

Does your family like to eat out? You can even save money on eating out! How?

Watch for coupons in your local newspaper. In this area, we also get a booklet about 4 times a year that has coupons for local businesses in it, including restaurants.

Sign up for e-clubs. Lots of national chains have e-clubs now that you can join. They will usually give you something free when you sign up and then periodically send out coupons to your e-mail. For example, when I signed up for the IHOP club I got a free meal plus they send a free meal every year on my birthday.

Chili's gives you a coupon for free chips and queso when you join and then sends out frequent coupons to our e-mail. It's one of my favorite e-clubs. I also joined Applebee's but unsubscribed after a while because they didn't send out coupons, they just sent out mailings for "free" phones.

Cici's Pizza, Mazzio's Pizza, Sonic Drive-In, they all have e-clubs. If you have a favorite restaurant, look up their website and see if they have an e-mail club.

Take my advice and if you sign up for these coupon clubs, then set up a separate e-mail just for that purpose so you can just delete the spam you may start getting. I use my gmail account for these clubs so I can just go through and click on a bunch at a time to delete them.

Last, restaurant portions are  so big most of the time that you can often split an entree' with someone and still be full. That also saves you money (and your waistline!)

No comments:

Post a Comment