Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Jar Salads=Genius!!!

I don't know who first came up with the idea for jar salads. A few months ago a friend told me about seeing them on Pinterest so I went looking for them. Basically, you layer your salad ingredients in like this:

Dressing on the bottom
firmer vegetables (like shredded carrots, celery, cucumbers) on top of that
Lettuce on top (you don't want your lettuce touching your dressing before you're ready to eat or it will wilt

Then you have a jar of salad ready to go. These pint jars fit perfectly in Tom's lunchboxes and make an easy lunch for me or side dish for us for supper. The ingredients stay nice and crisp and well yummy!!! I would get annoyed in the past when I made up a big salad wanting it to last for a few days and after a day or so the lettuce would start turning icky. Don't have to worry about that with these salads. If I want cheese or croutons I just throw them on when I eat it. But they are delicious just like this!



1 comment: