Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

$320 from the Lord

A couple of weeks ago, I told you about one of the credit card companies agreeing to settle an account for $320 and accept $25 monthly payments on that amount. Now, I didn't get that in writing (was distracted by the kids) and was going to call them last week about it. On Tuesday before I went to my club meeting, I stopped to get the mail. In the mail was a card from a friend with a $320 check along with a note that I'll paraphrase here. She and her husband were going to be getting some money and in discussing what to do about the money, her husband said he felt that God wanted them to tithe 10% and give 10% away and he felt like God wanted them to give us $320. She told him that she didn't think I would accept it and they agreed to pray about it and decide where the money would go later. A few days later, her husband mentioned it again. A few days after that, I texted her and told her about the settlement offer of $320 and she said that she knew then that her husband was right. So they sent us a check for $320 to pay that bill off and asked us to accept it from the Lord.

That is incredible enough, but here is the rest of the story:

I called the credit card collector and asked for a statement in writing that they would agree to that settlement. Spoke to the same lady as the week before who was so nice and helpful. She stalled and said she couldn't do it until AFTER I paid and she could only accept the payment if I did a check by phone. I refused to do that and I insisted on having it in writing before I would mail the check. She finally turned me over to a supervisor who faxed me a paper agreeing to the settlement and agreed that I could mail it.

I believe that God knew that the company was going to try to go back on their word about the payment arrangement (since I didn't get it in writing) and was protecting us through our friend. So here is a big thank you both to God and to our friends!

2 comments: