Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Brown Derby Steaks

This is the recipe I posted about on Facebook. These things are AMAZING! They are kind of time consuming, but well worth it! They are really good over rice or mashed potatoes.


BROWN DERBY STEAKS

2 Pounds hamburger meat
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp prepared mustard
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Combine beef, egg, broth, mustard, salt, pepper, and worcestershire sauce. Shape into 8 patties (Patties will be soft). Brown in a bit of butter. Arrange in baking dish (I use a cake pan)

Gravy
2 cans beef gravy (or 2 packages brown gravy)
1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp butter

In saucepan, combine beef gravy, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and butter. Simmer for 2 minutes, and pour over patties. Bake for 30 minutes in 350 oven.

3 comments:

  1. My mom made this for me as a child, 25 years ago. It was one of my faves! It is now one of my son's favorites. So delicious

    ReplyDelete